INTERLINK offers a rigorous curriculum on the university campus that includes in- and out-of-class assignments, such as group discussion, interviews, library research, community involvement, writing projects, and presentations. Upon successful completion of the INTERLINK program, students are able to:
- speak English more fluently
- write effective essays
- understand spoken and written English
- understand different cultures
- apply and improve their critical thinking skills
- conduct research and report findings in English
- engage in group work and in team activities
- use the Internet, email, and computer technology
|Listening & Communication|
|Reading & Writing|
|TOTAL Hours/Week||18-25 hours/week|
On-Campus Intensive English Programs Include:
- 6-level curriculum in preparation for university/college admission
- Study grammar, reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- 18-25 hours of intensive English classes per week + optional elective classes
- Weekly social activities and trips
- Internet and computer access
- Access to library, health center, gym, and other campus facilities
- Housing options include host families, campus dorms, apartments, or hostels.
- As a Level 6 student, you will attend a graded university class, followed by a review with an instructor.
- Receive individualized attention from expert instructors.
- Practice your conversational English skills with an American partner through the Language and Culture Partners Program.
- Individual tutors can help enrich your language learning through private one-on-one sessions.
Sample Class Schedule
Here is a sample of what your class schedule might look like. Actual class times vary at each institute location and may change.
Listening, Communication & Grammar
M/W/F: 8-9:20 am
T/Th: 8-10:20 am
Reading, Writing, & Grammar
M/W: 11 am – 1:20 pm
T/Th: 11:30 am-1:50 pm
M/W/F: 9:30-10:20 am
T/Th: 10:30-11:20 am
M/W: 1:30-2:35 pm
T/Th: 2-3 pm
Flex Program – available only at INTERLINK at Seattle Pacific University
Students have the option to design their own specialized program to gain the skills they want. The Flex Program includes:
- 10 hours/week in an Intensive English Program Class (Listening, Communication & Grammar OR Reading & Writing).
- 5 hours/week in a conversation group AND 5 hours/week with a personal tutor.
Part-Time and Short-Term Flex Programs are also available.